Board of Directors
|Vice President||Luwam Kiflemariamfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Civics (Planning) Director||Derek Macdonaldemail@example.com|
|Civics (Planning) Co-Chair||Jared Candlishfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Communications Director||Jade Arnaoutemail@example.com|
|Events & Programs Director||Les de Zwaanfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Garden Director||Justin Keatsemail@example.com|
|Hall & Recreation Director||Lisa Brownfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Membership Director||Allison Roslandemail@example.com|
|Social Advocacy Director||Marc Workman|
|Volunteer Coordination Director||Carrie-Anne Cyrefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Directors at Large|| Adrian Bruff
General Roles and Requirements for Oliver Community League Board Members:
- A director is expected to be fully informed on community league matters and participate in discussions and decisions in matters of policy, finance, programs, personnel and advocacy.
- Commit to the work of the organization.
- Review the board’s conduct and monitor its performance to ensure compliance with bylaws and policies.
- Speak positively of the League and assist in developing and maintaining positive relations among the board, committees and communities to enhance the leagues mission.
- Orient new board members.
- Prepare for and arrive on time for all required meetings.
- Develop, monitor, review and approve all policies and other recommendations received from the board, its standing committees and staff.
- Review the bylaws and recommend changes to the membership.
- Participate in the development of the leagues organizational plan, annual review and budget.
- Approve the budget and other financial matters.
- Prepare and present required reports at board meetings.
- Prepare and present an annual report at the annual general meeting.
- Minimum time commitment:
- 5 hours/month to attend and prepare for board meetings and read associated e-mails. Board meetings are traditionally held the first Wednesday of every month at 7pm at the Grace Lutheran Church (9907 114 St NW).
- Some positions have seasonal time commitments.