We’re currently looking for a Garden Director!
Roles differ but all require being comfortable with or willing to learn to work with technology as we rely heavily on emails and video conferencing!
If you’re interested in learning more about the roles and responsibilities of any these positions please contact Kelly-Dawn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
General Inquiries: Contact Us.
2020 – 2021 Board of Directors
|Vice President||Kelly-Dawn Clarahanemail@example.com|
|Civics Director||Daniel Morinfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Civics (Planning) Co-Chair||Vacantemail@example.com|
|Communications Director||Carolyn Stangelandfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Events & Programs Director||Robyn Wilsonemail@example.com|
|Hall & Recreation Director||Lisa Brownfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Membership Director||Allison Roslandemail@example.com|
|Social Advocacy Director||Marc Workmanfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Volunteer Coordination Director||Carrie-Anne Cyreemail@example.com|
|Director at Large||Tristan Donnellyfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Director at Large||Maureen Renaudemail@example.com|
|Director at Large||Phil Wilsonfirstname.lastname@example.org|
General Roles and Requirements for Oliver Community League Board Members:
- A director is expected to be fully informed on community league matters and participate in discussions and decisions in matters of policy, finance, programs, personnel and advocacy.
- Commit to the work of the organization.
- Review the board’s conduct and monitor its performance to ensure compliance with bylaws and policies.
- Speak positively of the League and assist in developing and maintaining positive relations among the board, committees and communities to enhance the leagues mission.
- Orient new board members.
- Prepare for and arrive on time for all required meetings.
- Develop, monitor, review and approve all policies and other recommendations received from the board, its standing committees and staff.
- Review the bylaws and recommend changes to the membership.
- Participate in the development of the leagues organizational plan, annual review and budget.
- Approve the budget and other financial matters.
- Prepare and present required reports at board meetings.
- Prepare and present an annual report at the annual general meeting.
- Minimum time commitment:
- 5 hours/month to attend and prepare for board meetings and read associated e-mails. Board meetings are traditionally held the first Wednesday of every month at 7pm at the Grace Lutheran Church (9907 114 St NW).
- Some positions have seasonal time commitments.