League Program Requirements
Oliver Community League has a tripartite agreement with the City of Edmonton and Edmonton Federation of Community Leagues that prohibits the renting of our league hall for purposes of profit. That said, the league is able to have programs available to our members that include hall use.
The Oliver Community League facilitates programs and events that engage the community in a variety of ways. The Programs & Events Director, along with the Program & Events Committee, oversees the programs of the league and ensures sustainability, appropriateness, and engagement for community members.
A Program of the Oliver Community League is defined as:
- An activity that is accessible to members of the league only;
- An activity that takes place in the league hall;
- An activity that is inclusive and open to all league members;
- An activity that is affordable to league members;
- An activity that is hosted by/taught by/facilitated by a skilled, insured professional OR an activity that is hosted by an approved league volunteer;
- An activity that is financially sustainable;
- Programs are for a period of time;
- Program duration and schedule is at the board’s discretion;
- Programs will be subject to review and will be assessed annually;
- A one-time event is not considered a program for these purposes.
Program applicants must:
- prove sustainability and suitability
- be motioned and board-approved.
If you are interested in facilitating a program at the Oliver Community League, please complete this form and we’ll be in touch. Questions may be directed to our Office Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.