Molson Crosstown ProposalMarch 12, 2013
Join us at the Oliver Community Festival!May 27, 2013
On Saturday May 11th the league hosted a community consultation around the proposed plans for the Molson/Crosstown site located at 121 St and 104 Ave. The event was highly successful with over 50 people attending – this would place it as one of the larger events of this type in the city in recent years. A key component of the consultation was articulating a set of community characteristics that Oliver should strive to reflect.
The themes are:
- Vibrant Downtown neighbourhood – a compact mixed use neighbourhood with ample choice of amenities.
- Interesting & Diverse Businesses – a mix of business that includes independent owners that add value to the community.
- Aesthetics (Beauty) – visually appealing architecture and design
- Public Spaces (Indoor/Outdoor) – lively streets and community gathering places all year round.
- Green Spaces – parks that properly serve our neighbourhood.
- Connectivity – strong connections within the neighbourhood, between surrounding neighbourhoods & amenities and connections between residents.
- Multi-modal transportation – the ability to safely travel within and through the community via walking, biking, public transit and automobiles.
- Community Celebrations (Arts & Culture) – celebrating the community through a variety of cultural events and festivals.
- Preservation of History – being a modern neighbourhood connected to its history.
- Diversity & Inclusion – A community that welcomes everyone by providing a wide variety of housing options, amenities and services.
The league will be using these to guide our strategy and decision making.
Photo Credit: Luca Levesque