You are cordially invited to the Oliver Community League’s upcoming special general meeting!
The meeting will be taking place on Monday, 15 September 2014 in the Oliver Community League Hall (10326 118 St) starting at 7pm. The meeting is open to all members and the public is also welcome.
This is a great chance to learn more about what the league is working on and what’s coming up in the future. We’ll be considering several financial items and getting important feedback from community members on the league’s draft strategic plan. More SGM information and materials can be found here.
Oliver Community League memberships for the 2014-2015 year will be available at the door and are free!
We hope to see you there!
For more information please contact Ryan at email@example.com.
The Oliver Community League is hiring!
Over the past several years the Oliver Community has added considerable capacity in many areas. To help accommodate some growth pressures the league is looking to hire a part-time Office Manager.
Our ideal employee is someone who is passionate about improving their community & their city, is capable of working independently and who lives in or near Oliver.
• Filing, scanning and uploading documentation;
• Membership & financial data entry;
• Answer incoming calls & emails and direct and/or provide information;
• Ordering office supplies and other related tasks;
• Typing of memos, forms and lists;
• Create, coordinate, organized and distribute documents;
• Communicate with various board members in an effort to compile and assemble documentation;
• Work on own initiatives and independently manage responsibilities;
• Other related administrative tasks as required.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet Explorer, PowerPoint, etc.);
• Proficiency in Quickbooks (training in this area can be provided);
• Excellent interpersonal/communication skills (both verbal and written);
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills;
• Ability to multitask, prioritize work and work in a unique non-profit environment;
• 1 - 3 years of experience working in an administrative capacity.
The league hall is located at 10326 – 118 St. There is an office at the hall. We will also be open to alternative working arrangements such as working from home.
There is considerable opportunity to grow this role. A successful candidate will have the ability to explore expanding the scope of the position, subject to league constraints (funding mostly).
Salary dependent on the qualifications of the candidate.
If you are qualified and are interested in applying for this position you are asked to submit your resume and covering letter via email to Jarrett Campbell at firstname.lastname@example.org
Oliver Community League Swim Times will be starting at the Oliver Outdoor Pool this Sunday, July 6. Swim times will be Sunday through Wednesday from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m. for the summer, weather permitting.
Click here or call 311 for pool closure notifications.
We hope you get a chance to enjoy the pool!
Join host MLA Laurie Blakeman, her cadre of celebrity pancake flippers, and the Oliver Community League for a FREE pancake breakfast in Oliver Park on Canada Day.
We are also looking for volunteers to help with the event. If you're interested, contact us at email@example.com or by phone at (780) 800-7632.
See you there!
The Oliver Community Festival is back! The festival is taking place Saturday June 7, 2014 on 102 Ave between 121-124 Streets and runs from 10:00-3:00 pm. Come out for free breakfast, live entertainment, bake sale, 40+ vendors, and more!
We are looking for volunteers to share just 2 hours of their time for our kids/family activities. The festival is a wonderful way of getting to know people from around Oliver, and volunteers receive a free t-shirt and meal! For more information or to sign up please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Ever heard of Jane's Walk? It's a great national event of free walking tours, named for noted urban activist Jane Jacobs and held every year to coincide with her birthday in May.
Former City Councillor Michael Phair is leading the Oliver Jane's Walk happening on May 5 at 7 p.m. Come check it out!
The Oliver Community League is collecting feedback on our hard copy newspaper, and we'd like to hear from you!
Please take a few minutes* to let us know what you think about our community newspaper. Responses are collected anonymously.
With your help, we can build an even better community league news!
*less than 5 minutes!
We've got some good news! (with a caveat)
First, the good news. This is was in an email we recently received from the City: